CLIMB originated in Louisville, Kentucky in 1999 as part of a Yale-based summer internship program. Since 1999, similarly structured programs have sprung up across the country in Denver, Cleveland, San Francisco, Minneapolis, Houston, and New Orleans. Each program seeks to provide talented college students with unique internship opportunities and growth experiences.
The Denver program was founded in 2006, and today hosts more than 70 students each summer. Students work for for- and non-profit employers in the area, and also are provided with unique weekly educational and social experiences that showcase the best of Colorado.
During their 10-week internships, students are provided with:
- Minimum $4,000 compensation
- Group housing
- 15 alumni-sponsored events -- Past events have included lunches with former Senator Gary Hart, meetings with former Mayor Hickenlooper, a “career history” dinner with Don MacKenzie, and discussion of law practice high above Coors Field before watching the Rockies
- A mentor to provide educational and career advice. Mentor meetings range from getting coffee to family dinners, business lunches, or weekend day trips
- Alumni networking. Students interact with alumni regularly and learn the skills of networking
- Help getting permanent employment. Local alumni and the CLIMB team will assist you in seeking and securing permanent employment in Denver upon your graduation